HD Writers bid thee welcome !

HD Writers bid thee welcome ! ........................This Blog is for the People and dedicated to all the millions and Billions of the People all around the globe !.......................We shall be discussing with you and reviewing different topics here, different phases and aspects of life, different phenomena which effects us all in this global village be it pop-culture, entertainment or lifestyle.


HD CooL Search

Sunday, April 22, 2012

How Old is Too Old to Love Cartoons?

 

 

 

How Old is Too Old to Love Cartoons?

By Jordan Gottlieb

 

 

Disney

 

 

               Cartoon Network

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am going to be completely honest here. I am well past the age that most people would think is acceptable to watch cartoons. I am a married father and have a college degree and manage a business. You would think by looking at me that my favorite television shows would be the news and professional sporting events. But boy oh boy would you be wrong. Just what is my favorite television show you might want to know...King of the Hill. I think it's awesome.

All of that begs the question: is there a point at which you are too old to enjoy and even love cartoons? I obviously think that the answer to that question is a resounding no. No way, no how.

 

SpongeBob Squarepants Of course, there are different kinds of cartoons and different levels of fan enthusiasm. Do I consider myself too old to watch alot of what comes on on Saturday mornings? You bet I do. Those cartoons are mind numbing to say the very least. On the other end of the spectrum, there are cartoons like Sponge Bob that many people well past the age of 20 find hilarious that I just don't get. I fall into what I like to think of as a happy medium.

For a while I was a huge "The Simpsons" fan. I had nearly every episode memorized for about 10 seasons worth of shows. But, as with most animated series where the characters never age, there is only so much of a story and then things kind of fizzle out.

 

 

Scooby Dooby Doo On classic show that I never seemed to get in to that alot of other adults love is Scooby Doo. I think for many people there is a powerful feeling of nostalgia watching their favorite childhood toons as an adult.

 

 

 

Nickelodeon

 

The level of cartoon enthusiasm can range from subtle to full blown obsession. Various examples I have seen include someone whose personal checks featured their favorite character which was subtle enough to someone with a Tweety Bird tattoo which seemed a little extreme but still well within the realm of reason to a lady who literally has a "Disney Room" that is filled with every conceivable Disney character.

No comments:

Post a Comment